Wednesday, September 2, 2009

RIP JP

someone i know and worked with passed away unexpectedly today. he was a very good person and one of the nicest, funniest, most enjoyable people i have ever had the pleasure of working with. he taught me a lot about my current job and i'm not ashamed to say i try to emulate his style at work. he was succesful without screwing over other coworkers to reach his own goals.
this is a shocking loss and makes me reflect on how lucky i am to have what i have. ,my friend leaves behind 2 young daughters (one a few months younger than Grady) and a wife. i can not imagine what life would be like for the people in my family if i was suddenly taken from them or if one of them was suddenly taken from me. my thoughts and prayers are with the entire family at this time.
life is never perfect but it is always precious. today has reminded me of this and reminded me to not take a single day for granted. i have always placed a high value on family and the small things in life but something like this makes me realize even more how important normal everyday things can be. to anyone who reads this make it a point to appreciate every day you have with family. don't sweat the small stuff. work is work and when your done with work live your life to the fullest. i don't love my job but it lets me provide for my family, the family i love more than anything. if things are not going your way then keep a positive attitude and know that things will get better.
rest in peace JP. thank you for being my friend. i'll see you again when the time comes.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I'm so sorry about your friend.