Tuesday, January 13, 2009

ten years ago...

On /January 13Th 1999 Melissa and i met face to face for the first time!  

i was living with my brother Josh in Kenmore and Melissa lived with her mom in Firestone park. one day, josh tells me he is going to buy a Webtv and I immediately tell him what a stupid idea it is, waste of money, useless etc.  josh wisely purchases the webtv despite my advice.  meanwhile Melissa has had a Webtv for about a year but didn't know she could use it to go to chat rooms.  at about the same time i decided to give Josh's webtv a shot Melissa figured out how to get into chat rooms and we both happened our way into a chat room called "Ohio Flirts" i typed in a simple question "Who's in Akron?"  Melissa answered "me."     

Melissa and i met almost every night in the same chat room from mid November until this fateful day in 1999.  it was a normal January day in Ohio.  it was snowing inches by the hour and Melissa didn't have to work, and almost her entire family had stayed home due to the heavy snow.  i worked at 4pm and Melissa and i were chatting before i had to go to work and she suggested that i could come to her house and meet her since she felt safe due to everyone in her house being home with her.  i hopped into my little red ranger pick up truck and drove from Kenmore to Firestone park, normally a 10 minute drive, it took me about 40 minutes due to snow.  when i found the address and knocked on the front door Melissa answered and changed my life forever.  She couldn't have been more beautiful in any way.  i couldn't take my eyes off of her.  we were both so nervous all we did was sit on the couch and smoke cigarette after cigarette.  it was quite a scene.  me being nervous to meet her, sandy, billy, bobby and her 2 roommates all at the same time and her being nervous that i was a psycho killer from the internet.

it feels like it was ages ago that we met but i can still remember it like it happened yesterday.  Melissa you are the love of my life and when i think i can't possibly love you any more than i already do i take one look at you and realize i have only begun to love you.  Thank you for giving me a chance, thank you for putting up with me, thank you for being my wife, thank you for giving me a child that we both love more than anything, ever.  

I LOVE YOU MORE NOW THAN EVER!

2 comments:

Laura said...

So mushy! I love it. I am so glad someone else has a great story to tell. Love you both and miss you so much. Can't wait to meet that cute little boy of yours......Did I say little? lol

Unknown said...

Well reading this makes me remember a wonderful time for the internet and webtv, loved !Ohio-Flirts and found this blog trying to find out like where everyone was and had been and what they were up too, anychance u two remember a buddiebear? lol

Thomas